2.08.2009

-^-


I learned how to set types this week so didn't do any printing. We run a proof for the bird blocks though, so I can see if I need to work on them more or not.

Working on two new blocks now, my fingers are sore but I'm really happy.

.............................................................................................................................

Just got a new zine about Japanese flower arrangement!

(My niece is taking flower arrangement classes in Taiwan. I am very jealous of her. She is only 12 years old. She is a lucky girl.)










..

8 comments:

o l y said...

and i envy both of you :)

the bird blocks you made are awfully lovely. i lovelove them.

and the magzine looks so nice. what does it called ? does it have a website ?

have a nice week dear a-yi. today is the 15th day of chinese new year. have you found yourself a lantern to play with today ?

porter hovey said...

i just love these both. the book just looks too beautiful. wow.

Anonymous said...

beautiful work you do. those flowers looks so poetic and peaceful..lovely book to calm down one's mind

mieke willems said...

the print looks really really lovely!

Anonymous said...

i want to learn flower arrangements too, especially ikebana! it's so good to start young.

ah-yi said...

oly,
the zine is a very tiny handmade book,.it's only 3"x4". i got it from a japanese vegan cafe across street of where i work now.

i only see one copy there,.i can ask the owner,.
also owner told me that this is made by one of her artist friend. i'm not sure if he/she is in LA or japan.


if i can get one copy,. i can send it to you.

it's 5 dollars,...

Nidhi said...

Hi Yu-I, I tagged you for the 6th picture tag :)

o l y said...

dear ah-yi, thank you, that will be great ! i wanna send you a set of my postcards when it's done. so far i'm getting things ready for my french boy to come and visit me for two months. in march i'll have a small exhibition, and then april will be another small exhibition with my boy. i wanna send you some things i'm making during these times.

have a nice weekend.
:)