2.23.2009

Six night tales



1st night, Rabbit and Moon





2nd night, Orchid Yard




3rd night, Mushrooms




4th nights, Woods




5th night, Roots





6th night, Danger in the garden, Rabbits and Wolf

Here are my new prints which were featured in the Tinlark gallery, Los Angeles last month. I just put some of them up in my Etsy now. They are the biggest print I've ever done, 11.2x15.2 inches. Also shipping are free for these new prints.


My new works are mixtures of childhood memories and imaginary night.
They take place in the house where I used to stay with my grandparents and my big family.

The house is a very long house. It consists of a storefront, a courtyard and orchid garden, a living room with an altar, a small bedroom, a dining room, a kitchen, another bedroom and then a huge backyard garden in the Chinese style (rocks and water). All the elements are arranged in a linear sequence one after the other.
There is a stair to my grandpa’s bedroom the second floor that folds away flush with the ceiling. It’s hard to recognize.
There are 3 different settings and styles that co-exist in the house. On the second floor, in the Japanese style, my grandpa’s bedroom has a raised wood floor with tatami mats and wood frame sliding doors. Then, in the European style, my grandmother’s bedroom is filled with all the things she collected during her trips to Europe. And finally, the Chinese style is represented by the altar and gardens.


These 6 night tales also represent the forbidden world which kids are not allowed to enter. The world of darkness is left behind when all the kids are forced to go to bed early but dreams hunt the remnants of the witching hours.

................................................................................................................

I feel I have much more to say and many more things to show you but I will just log out now.

...............................................................................................................




15 comments:

Fine Little Day said...

I´m in love with Six night tales.

Anonymous said...

these are lovely.

katsunu

Ana said...

oh gosh this series is so amazing!

heeyeon said...

just lovely*

Jennifer said...

I love them all!
So hard to decide!!!

shash said...

these are so very beautiful.

said...

i hope this becomes a beautiful book one day.

Jennifer said...

Ah-yi,

Okay, it was a tough decision-
I chose the 1st night,
and I choose to Tag you!
xo

jellie said...

I'd love to see a book or collection of some kind. These are quite inspiring.

babelfish said...

I love these and the story behind them.

Wee Gallery said...

I am so sad I missed these - I would have got Woods and Rabbit and Moon. I would love to know if you print these again... pleeeeeeeeeeease???!!!

Make it Easy said...

すごいきれいい!!

laura said...

these are so cute.
(oh, and i love your whole work.)

yeeees !

珊珊李 said...

韓式烤肉,烤肉,味蕾工坊,輕食餐廳,餐廳,咖啡,咖啡館,可樂,蘭亭香,燒肉,五角,拉麵,咖哩,御菇園,料理,壽司,香子屋,向下走,瑪瑪米亞,達文郡,咖哩,海鮮餐廳,斑鳩,歐式派店,料理,哈士通,咖啡,咖啡,玫瑰園,中國,橙色九月,咖啡,鄉村料理,咖啡,咖啡館,串燒,西部牛仔,法國小館,咖啡西餐,犁舍,酒吧,LA,馬路食館,沙發,馬路,咖啡,炭烤,日本料理,捷克老爹,卡利,波希米亞,音樂餐廳,別墅咖啡,餐廳,75起舞,階梯,大蒜,王牌咖啡,王品,朋友,鴛鴦火鍋,鴛鴦火鍋,蕃茄,咖啡,牛排,咖啡,日本,啤酒,喜憨兒,咖啡

文章 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優